It pays to keep it real
Posted on 30th October 2017
Suzuki Marine is offering you the chance to win a True North Kimberley adventure cruise of a lifetime!
Simply have your next service completed by an authorised Suzuki Marine dealer to go into the draw to win the 7 day adventure cruise for two or the runner up prize of 5 years free servicing!
It pays to keep it real promotion key dates:
Promotion start date: 1 November 2017
Promotion end date: 31 March 2018
Service lodgements due: 31 March 2018
Prizes drawn: by 11 April 2018
Winners announced: 12 April 2018 (if prizes are claimed by this date)
Two prizes are up for grabs
Major prize – True North 7 day Kimberley Snapshot cruise for two, valued at $29,868.
Runner up prize – 5 years free servicing, valued up to $5,637 (based on the current general service costs of a DF300AP outboard, over five years, average of 100 hours performed each year)
Terms and Conditions:
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this ‘It pays to keep it real’ service promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open only to residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years and over only.
- Employees of Suzuki Marine (the Promoter) and any other related companies associated with this promotion, including its network of dealers or agencies in Australia and New Zealand and any immediate family of an excluded person, are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Entry into the promotion is only available during the Promotion period from 9am, 1 November 2017 to 5pm, 31 March 2018. All times displayed in AEST.
- To be eligible to enter the Promotion, the customer must have their Suzuki Marine 2-stroke or 4-stroke outboard’s service completed by a participating authorised Suzuki Marine service dealership during the Promotion period, for the recommended service interval.
- The outboard must be registered in the name of the servicing customer. If the outboard has been sold, and the remaining warranty is to be transferred, the new owner (servicing customer) must complete the 'Change of Ownership / Transfer of Warranty' form located in the Service and Warranty Manual and return it to the Promoter with the applicable transfer fee of A$110 to have the warranty registration updated. If the outboard is outside of the warranty period, the customer must contact the Promoter (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide their contact details, as well as a proof of purchase, to have the outboard's ownership records updated.
- Does not include boat and/or trailer services.
- Only one entry, per service, per customer is permitted (multiple engine fit ups being serviced at the same time are permitted one entry only).
- The customer is automatically entered into the draw when the service is lodged by the dealer.
- The dealer must provide the customer with the Promotion information flyer (which outlines the competition details) by attaching it to their invoice.
- The dealer must lodge the service with the Promoter by the competition end date for the customer’s entry to be valid.
- The dealer must also complete the customer’s Service and Warranty Manual for the service interval.
- This is a game of chance and all winners will be chosen at random and the Promoter reserves the right to select reserves and record them in order of merit in the event that the person(s) selected is ineligible, or does not claim the prize within four (4) weeks of the Promoter first attempting to notify the winner.
- The draw for the major and runner up prizes will take place on Wednesday, 11 April 2018 at 11.00am at the address mentioned in condition 35.
- A winner will only be deemed a winner once verified by the Promoter and the Promoter reserves the right to request a copy of the customer’s invoice at any time.
- Each winner will be contacted by Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 4.30pm and announced via Suzuki Marine Aust/NZ’s social pages by Thursday, 12 June 2018, 12 noon AEST or, if the prize is not claimed by that time, one (1) business day after the prize is claimed by the selected person(s).
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The major prize is a True North Kimberley Snapshot cruise for two people valued at A$29,868. Price correct at time of publishing.
- The major prize includes flights for two people from their nearest major port. The prize does not include travel costs, meals, drinks or any other associated expenses. Should the customer wish to upgrade their major prize to a different cabin class, cruise or itinerary, they may do so at their own expense.
- The customer must book their cruise within one (1) year of being notified as the winner. The customer must advise the Promoter of their preferred travel time by 30 June 2018 and the Promoter will arrange flights and advise True North.
- The runner up prize is five (5) years of free servicing at their local authorised Suzuki Marine service dealership, for the outboard registered and serviced at the time of the Promotion, valued up to A$5,637 (based on the general service costs of a DF300AP outboard, over five (5) years). Price correct at time of publishing.
- The runner up prize covers costs associated with a general service for one outboard at each recommend Suzuki Marine service interval, being (whichever comes first) the below periods for a new outboard or any scheduled annual service thereafter for five (5) years from the last registered service based on 100 hour / one (1) year interval:
- 20 hours / one (1) month
- 100 hours / one (1) year
- 200 hours / two (2) years
- 300 hours / three (3) years
- 400 hours / four (4) years
- 500 hours / five (5) years
- The runner up prize does not include any extra parts, services, maintenance, repairs carried out by the dealer at the request of the customer, outside of the standard service terms.
- Prizes or any unused portion of a prize (such as if the outboard is on-sold or upgraded to a different Suzuki Marine outboard model during the five year service period) are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- The winner(s) permits their name and image(s) to appear in connection with the Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, and in any media whatsoever throughout the world (including but not limited to social media), the individual will not be entitled to any fee or other compensation for such use.
- The winner(s) acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter is free to use the image(s) and to exercise its rights in relation thereto. The individual agrees to execute any documentation required to give effect to the Promoter’s rights under this clause, including any required moral rights waivers.
- The winner(s) must disclose any potential issues regarding use of their personal information in any image or other publications related to the Promotion that may generate negative publicity or bring the Promoter into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or reflect unfavourably upon the Promoter.
- Images that are copyrighted cannot be submitted unless the winner(s) has permission from the photographer/owner. Images cannot be returned.
- It is a condition of taking the prize that the winner(s) sign a deed of release and indemnity in the form required by the Promoter or any prize supplier.
- The Promotion is available at participating authorised Suzuki Marine service dealerships only and is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Original proof of purchase may be requested at any time by the Promoter.
- Excludes Government operations and grey imported outboards.
- The Haines Group (ABN 62 115 792 848) / Suzuki Marine Australia and New Zealand (Haines Suzuki Marine) of 140 Viking Drive, Wacol, Queensland 4076, Australia is the promoter of this event (“the Promoter”).